Since the early 1970s, AECOM Process Technologies has been an industry leader in the development, optimization and supply of air pollution control processes in the power, oil and gas, and industrial sectors.
As a full service engineering firm, AECOM Process Technologies offers comprehensive services that cover the life cycle of air quality control system (AQCS) projects —from initial compliance strategy development, feasibility studies, demonstration programs, and permitting to detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and startup of commercial systems. To maintain a competitive edge, our approach is to modify and upgrade existing equipment to the fullest extent possible to minimize capital expenditures. With a large number of highly experienced personnel working full-time in the AQCS area, we have more applicable experience than any other company with this approach. Drawing from this vast experience and knowledge, AECOM Process Technologies routinely tailors a combination of chemistry and operational changes, upgrades to existing equipment, and integration of new systems to achieve regulatory compliance objectives in the most economical manner.
In recent years, significant advancements in technology have greatly improved the performance and reliability of AQCS systems. Some of the technologies and services offered by AECOM Process Technologies include:
- Wet flue gas desulfurization (FGD) upgrade technologies that can achieve 99% SO2 removal and up to 90% removal of particulates on virtually any existing FGD system
- Control of the wet FGD reaction tank chemistry to minimize mercury re-emissions
- Application of the SBS Injection™ Process for control of SO3 emissions while providing NOx and Hg control as well as heat rate benefits
- Combination of SBS Injection™ and HBS Injection™ for control of mercury emissions
- Use of Advanced SNCR, and LoTOx™ alone or in combination to reduce NOx emissions or as viable lower-cost alternatives to SCR
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to design, evaluate, and/or optimize AQCS processes
- Plant operational changes to improve the performance of sorbent- or oxidation-based processes.