AECOM Process Technologies, through its partnership with Vectren Corporation is providing engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services for CCR compliance activities at Vectren’s A.B. Brown and F.B. Culley coal-fired generation stations.
The anticipated long-term objectives for CCR management at A.B. Brown and F.B. Culley are as follows:
- Conduct a plant-wide water balance study to identify, quantify, and optimize waste streams.
- Understand rainfall, stormwater site management, and outage events as it pertains to plant operations.
- Develop alternative to sluicing bottom ash to ponds.
- Design and permit an expansion to the existing A.B. Brown landfill to allow it to also serve F.B. Culley.
- Closure of East and West Ash Ponds at F.B. Culley.
- Closure of Upper and Lower Ash Ponds at A.B. Brown (including remedial repair of the Upper Ash Pond Dam, as needed).
- Moisture conditioning and/or fixation for major CCR systems by mixing FGD waste with fly ash and lime (if necessary) to produce a stable and fixated waste material.
- Continue to manage non-CCR water streams with means other than ponds.
- Design and construct ancillary systems, (containerized storage pads, “tanks,” etc.) for temporary storage and handling to facilitate transfer to the landfill or beneficial use.
- Water management and treatment to meet Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELG) rules once the rule is published.
AECOM Process Technologies will manage construction concurrently at both project sites while working with a qualified subcontractor.
AECOM is partnering with Vectren Corporation to execute a systematic approach to compliance.
Engineering (Phase I) with Procurement and Construction (Phase II)
Total Cost Estimate
Phase I – 2016
Phase II – TBD
Strategic Sourcing Manager